The Cotswold Water Park Trust is keeping a close eye on the fast moving Coronavirus outbreak and is following the guidance from the Government as and when it emerges. We are constantly reviewing all our planned activities and taking sensible steps to protect the health and safety of staff, volunteers and members of the public.
Currently all sites that CWPT directly manages remain open, these include our car parks, footpaths, nature reserves and open spaces. We appreciate the physical and mental benefits from access to open space and wish to keep our sites open for as long as we are able.
However, we would strongly urge all users of our sites to:
- Follow the government’s advice on social distancing;
– maintain a minimum of 2 metres between yourself and others
– avoid public gatherings of more than 2 people – excluding people you live with
- Please keep all trips local and avoid unnecessary travel
- Avoid communal areas such as picnic areas, bird viewing hides and play facilities
- Please bear in mind that our sites are not attended, so please take your litter and dog waste home with you or dispose of it in council-operated bins.
CWPT’s Operator at Cotswold Country Park & Beach has recently taken the decision to close until 23rd May however, the footpaths though the site remain open for those who wish to walk through the site from the surrounding rights of way.
For the safety of our volunteers we took the decision last week to suspend the information desk at the Gateway Centre and we have stopped all volunteer work parties until further notice. We have also postponed the CWP Ball until September and cancelled all other events for the foreseeable future.
Wherever possible our staff are working from home and our office is closed to visitors. We will be operating a rota system to ensure that there is normally one person in our offices for a few hours every weekday for essential activities such as checking the post, this will be the normal working practise until the current emergency passes. If you do need to contact us please use our central email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, as our main phone line will not be staffed. Our response might be slower than usual, so please bear with us and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.
Thank you for all your support, and please take care.