Frequently Asked Questions

Where is the beach?

Located at Cotswold Country Park and Beach ( Lake 31 and 32) the famous inland bathing beach is the perfect place to cool off on a hot day. Lifeguards are on duty at peak times, but children must be supervised at all times by an adult.

For information about opening times, prices and how to book, please see

Please note that membership of the Cotswold Water Park Trust does not include free access to  Cotswold Country Park and Beach.

Where are the flumes and waterslides?

The Cotswold Water Park does not have waterslides – it describes an area of countryside of 40 square miles, with over 150 lakes. It was given the name Cotswold Water Park quite some time before these parks became so popular throughout Europe.

Can I bring my dog?
The whole area of the Cotswold Water Park has plenty of lovely public footpaths and bridlepaths where you can walk your dog; we just ask that you keep dogs out of the water and on a lead when near lake edges, to minimise disturbance to wildlife. Why not download some circular walks or pick up a Walks Guide at the Gateway Centre? Please note: Dogs are not allowed near the beach area and playgrounds in Cotswold Country Park and Beach, but there is a designated dog swimming area there. If you need a local vet whilst you are visiting the area, Cotswold Vets is conveniently situated just off the A419, next to Countrywide Store.
Can I do open water swimming on any of the lakes?

There is open water swimming available at Waterland and bathing at Cotswold Country Park & Beach.
We do not advise anyone to swim in any of the lakes unless they are designated for swimming. Many of these lakes are very deep, some have strong currents, and there is discarded machinery at the bottom of others.

Open water swimming is available at:

Waterland Outdoor Pursuits, Lake 32


Where can I get a day ticket for fishing?
It is possible to obtain a day ticket for fishing from various sites around the area, for example: Waterside Cafe, Lake Pochard, Spine Road, near South Cerney or Tackle Den, Lake 11, Spine Road, South Cerney. Some of the angling clubs offer day tickets as well. Don’t forget you will need to have a rod licence as well – these can be obtained from the local Post Offices in South Cerney.
Is there an entrance charge?

As the Cotswold Water Park is an area, not a park, there are plenty of places to park from where you can access footpaths, cyclepaths, bird hides, picnic spots, river walks and lake views. The only places where there is an ‘entrance’ charge is Cotswold Country Park and Beach, which has bathing beach, toilets, cafe, boat hire, playgrounds etc.
All the car parks* run by the CWP Trust operate a parking charge, although it is free for CWP Trust members.

*Bridge, Clayhill, Lakeside, Neigh Bridge, Waterhay, and Riverside Park in Lechlade

Where can I go jet skiing?

A few years ago there was a lake providing jetskiing within the Cotswold Water Park and it is still possible to track down old references to this on the internet. However, there is now no jetskiing on any of the lakes within the Cotswold Water Park.

This may change in the future so keep a look out!

Where can I go camping?
The demand for camping sites in the Cotswold Water Park is very high during the summer season and during school holidays. Take a look at the Camping & Caravan page for more details.
Where can I sail my own kayak / boat?
Some of the lakes have the facility for launching your own windsurfs / kayaks, but you will need to check with them first. Try Waterland Outdoor Pursuits on Lake 32, Tel.01285 861202. or South Cerney Outdoor, Tel.01285 860388  or CWP Hire 01285 860086
Powerboats You will need to contact the Waterski clubs to see if this is possible: Cirencester Waterski Club Cotswold Waterski Club
How can I get more information?

If you still have questions, then please email or call 01793 752413 during normal office hours, ie Monday to Friday 9am – 5pm.

There are often volunteers working on the information desk at the Gateway Centre during weekends and school holidays, so if you are nearby why not call in to see if they can help ?