The Cotswold Water Park Trust has been running educational programmes for more than 10 years, offering both outside learning opportunities and roadshows which visit schools in the area.
"Gravel is Great" - a KS2 rocky roadshow which visits your school!
This exciting and innovative roadshow called Gravel is Great brings the story of the Cotswold Water Park into local primary schools, using DVD, interactive models of gravel pits and plenty of opportunity for hands on creativity, thought and debate.
This interactive roadshow offers a very flexible approach for KS2 and can cover:
- Science - Materials and their Properties / Living things
- Geography - Environmental change / Sustainable development / Understanding of places
- History - Local history / Investigation / Interpretation / Romans / Anglo Saxons / Fossils
- DT - Planning and developing ideas / Understanding processes and materials
- English - Communicating, group discussions
- plus ECM, PSHE, Creative Curriculum and Enrichment Enhancement
The Gravel is Great roadshow has now been delivered to over 750 KS2 pupils – see their reaction:
- "I never knew that something like gravel could be so interesting"
- "This was the best lesson ever"
- "It was great fun as the models were really realistic and the children could make their own choices "
Come and learn in the great outdoors!
The Cotswold Water Park is a great place to introduce children to the natural world, with such a wide variety of species all around. The lakes, rivers and meadows are home to thousands of dragonflies, fish, water birds, plants and insects which makes it a very special place to visit during the summer term.
The CWP Trust offers a safe and stimulating programme of environmental education sessions, for KS1, KS2 and community groups such as Rainbows, Brownies and Beaver Cubs.
The varied and exciting sessions are designed to complement the National Curriculum, whilst providing an opportunity to learn hands - on about many of the usual favourites such as minibeasts and plants, along with some more unusual topics such as beavers and bats.
All staff and volunteers are fully trained and CRB checked.
COMING SOON! Full details of our exciting new programme at a stunning location in the Cotswold Water Park.
If you would like to be sent details or would just like to chat about your requirements please call Jill Bewley at the CWP Trust on 01793 752413 or send an email to email@example.com